Shockwave Therapy at Wilson Health & Wellness
HOW DOES SHOCKWAVE THERAPY WORK?
Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT) uses pneumatic (pressurized air) technology to induce microtrauma to affected tissues. Our trained practitioners will identify and deliver microtrauma precisely into specific muscles/tissues.
This microtrauma kickstarts the healing/repair process through new blood vessel formation (angiogensisis), increased metabolic activity and cellular regeneration, and increased delivery of nutrients to the affected area. The shockwaves also intensify the analgesic effect by over stimulating the nerve fibres thus blocking an increase in pain stimuli.
Pathological alterations of tendons, ligaments, capsules, muscles and bones – in other words the root causes of your pain – can be eliminated systematically with this innovative therapy approach!
COMMONLY TREATED CONDITIONS WITH SHOCKWAVE THERAPY
Tennis / Golfers elbows
Rotator cuff tendonopathies
Myofascial trigger points
Chronic muscle pains
… and more
• Highly effective treatment for painful chronic injuries, tendinopathies, and many pathologies from musculoskeletal system.
• Safe, non invasive, non surgical approach
• Drug free solution, great alternative to steroid injections
• Clinically proven with 20+ years of scientific literature
• Treatment programs are usually 3 – 7 sessions (once a week) with over 80% resolution. Patients can start to feel better with as little as 1-2 sessions!
• Can go about daily activity after treatment.
• Covered by most extended health care coverage
WHO CAN PERFORM SHOCKWAVE THERAPY
Depending on the area of pain, our experienced physiotherapist, chiropractor, or chiropodist can provide this modern and effective treatment.
Call or email to schedule a shockwave therapy appointment with Team Wilson today!